FMR / Funk Logic Poll

Hey everyone, if you use any FMR products, and / or if you're considering getting some in the future, could you please take a moment to vote in a poll we have running? It will only take a moment, and you might just have an influence on the next Funk Logic rack product. :)

You can check out the poll right here.

Thanks for your time. :)

Derek said that such a unit might be an option, but it would require considerable rework / redesign. Essentially, getting three FMR units into a single rack space is a tight fit, and you'd need to switch from the current Funk Logic mounting method to something like a single utility rack tray, with a "faceplate" in front of that... which would mean the mounting would be "double thick" at the rack ears. Like I said, it's do-able, and he indicated that he gets a fair amount of inquiries about it, but I don't know if that's likely to be his next product release.... but I'll pass your comments along to him the next time I talk to him. :)

• Members

Is there any way to make some type of modular system, like this from API? Say, a rack to hold 2 or 3 units and an individual faceplate for each product. Just pop in whatever you want. Also a built-in power supply with an on/off switch on the front would be sweet. Just an idea.

How about something more along the lines of an API lunchbox?

vrtprotos.jpg

Funk Logic is already making that product... it will hold up to five FMR preamps / compressors in a vertical arrangement. I was leaning towards geting one or two of those myself, and filling them most of the way full, but leaving enough space so that I could build a power supply into the "extra" space (or two). All the FMR products appear to use 9VAC power adapters, but different ones have different current requirements - the RNC / RNLA use 500 milliamps, while the RNP uses 1.5 amps... I don't think it would be too difficult to custom build a power supply to power four modules and fit that into the fifth space... Funk Logic even makes a "blank" panel. :)

Archived