Help me figure out how to desolder this thing!

unit11

• Members

I managed to get the original pick up out of my Kramer, but now I can't get the solder of one of the ground points - it is grounded on the pot with a connection to the bridge. I'm trying to desolder the point on the pot so that I can attach the ground wires of my Breed, but the heat is just dispersing into the rest of the pot and the solder won't get hot enough to come off! Any suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by Gravity

I had the same problem back when all I was using was a 35 watt Radios Shack iron.

I bout a 45 watt Weller and haven't encountered this problem ever since.

You definitely need more power.

That sums up my situation exactly. I shall seek more power!

Thanks for the help guys!

• Members

what about just cutting the wire and soldering on a new one? i have the poopy little radio shack soldering iron, and every time I encounter this problem, I just cut the wire. It's the inside of the guitar; no ones going to see it, and as long as it works or doesn't come undone it should be fine. I'm also a cheapskate who doesn't want to buy a new iron

• Members

Originally posted by bengerm77

what about just cutting the wire and soldering on a new one? i have the poopy little radio shack soldering iron, and every time I encounter this problem, I just cut the wire. It's the inside of the guitar; no ones going to see it, and as long as it works or doesn't come undone it should be fine. I'm also a cheapskate who doesn't want to buy a new iron

I have the same iron, same problem, same solution. :thu:

Archived