Can I not wire coil tapping in a coil tapping switch?

unit11

• Members

I just got a Breed pick up for my Kramer Focus 1000. This guitar's only control is a volume knob that has a push-pull toggle; this is currently used for coil tapping. Can I set up the Breed up to not be coil tapped? Would it become a kill switch or something? Can I set it up not to make a difference?

• Members

Look at the pot, on the push pull feature of the pot you will see a red and green wire soldered together on one lug. Unsolder those wires, from the lug. Then solder those two wires together, put tape around the bare wires, and you are done.

I am not sure why you would want to take that versatility away though. Being able to split the coil makes that guitar much more versatile.

Wait you just got the breed right. All you have to do is not wire the red and green wires to the lower lugs on the pot. The part of the pot that has six lugs. All you need to worry about is the black hot wire and ground. The red and green wires get wired together like I said and taped off.

• Members
Originally posted by unit11

I just got a Breed pick up for my Kramer Focus 1000. This guitar's only control is a volume knob that has a push-pull toggle; this is currently used for coil tapping. Can I set up the Breed up to not be coil tapped? Would it become a kill switch or something? Can I set it up not to make a difference?

Since that pickup is not tappable(only splittable) yes, you'll want to just use the one set of terminals if you don't want the split feature for whatever reason.

Archived