Edwards GAS / Ishibashi's packing habits?

atimoc

• Members

E-EX-85LT_VW.jpg

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

I've got colossal GAS for this Edwards Explorer that Ishibashi is selling dirt cheap even after shipping and customs, so I might actually pull the trigger. What I'm wondering is how well do they pack the guitar to protect it from damage during shipping?

The website doesn't say if the guitar includes a hardshell case (probably not), gigbag or nothing at all. I'll send them an e-mail after the holidays and ask about the case and a few other things, but it'd help if someone could comment on the packing first. I really don't feel like buying yet another case, would you trust them to do the job right with bubble wrap and cardboard, or whatever they use?

Also: I've been browsing the old Edwards threads, seems like there are a lot of Les Paul owners, but anyone buy an Explorer yet?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I didn't get my Edwards from Ishibashi, but I know others here did and should be able to shed some light on the subject. But based on my experience with the Japanese retailers, from stories I've read here, I think, that one forum member said he had to wait something like 20 mins for them to pack his guitar when purchased in the store, for him to take with...and it took at least as long to get it out of the box upon his arrival at destination.

Remember, Godzilla is lurking around somewhere in Japan. They know that. They will probably pack it so well, that if he should decide he needs a new axe and grabs it from the shipper, by the time he could get it out of the box, he's being strafed by F-16's.

:p

• Members

Man that's an awesome looking guitar. What is the price on yours?

I don't know much about the packing habits but I've heard great things about them and I'll probably place an order on the vintage white flying V copy they have. So if you haven't ordered by then I may have some info to post up.

• Members

Originally posted by lewzer

Man that's an awesome looking guitar. What is the price on yours?

I don't know much about the packing habits but I've heard great things about them and I'll probably place an order on the vintage white flying V copy they have. So if you haven't ordered by then I may have some info to post up.

The webshop price for the guitar itself is 68000 yen, and the shipping is 19500 or 16500 depending on whether the guitar is in a hardshell case or not. That brings the total to about 86000 yen (give or take 1500), which is about $720.

When shipped to Finland the grand total after taxes and customs should be about 710 euros which isn't really bad for a MIJ axe, considering that a white Gibson Explorer has a street price of 1300+ euros, a korean Hamer Standard costs 450 euros and a korean Epiphone Korina Explorer 480 euros. Still, it would suck to have the EMS/UPS guy deliver me a boxful of japanese firewood.

Here's some linkage if you want to check it out

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/esp/edwards/eex85lt.htm

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/international/

• Members

I got one on the way from Ishibashi, hoping it will arrive this week or so...

I'll post some pics of the packaging when i get it if ya want.:D

But so foar they have been nothing short of great, so im pretty confident that all will be well...(i hope)

• Members

Originally posted by Cade

that one forum member said he had to wait something like 20 mins for them to pack his guitar when purchased in the store, for him to take with...and it took at least as long to get it out of the box upon his arrival at destination.

:wave:

I wouldnt be worried about the pack job at all. I have never experianced nor heard of anyone who has experianced a lackluster pack job from any of the Japanese shippers.

Archived