Hi Craig,Can you help me with GuitarRig?

boosh

• Members

Hiya Craig,...was wondering if you could give me any tips for setting up GuitarRig.

I know how everything works etc but I'm looking for that real rockabilly sound like Brian Setzer.

I'm also looking for a Brent Mason/Albert Lee/Danny Gatton sound.

My guitars are : Gibson Les Paul Studio 1976

Fender Telecaster 1966

Yamaha EG112 2000

Booshy

• Members

Bump for Boosh ....

Booshy, any of those GTRs would sound great plugged straight into an amp.

What kind of amp(s) have you got???

The Tele will beg for a Fender Twin to get that classic bright tele sound.

Blues Delux is another great amp.

Hope that helps .. don't break a string man ;)

Russ

• Members

Originally posted by russrags

Bump for Boosh ....

Booshy, any of those GTRs would sound great plugged straight into an amp.

What kind of amp(s) have you got???

The Tele will beg for a Fender Twin to get that classic bright tele sound.

Blues Delux is another great amp.

Hope that helps .. don't break a string man
;)

Russ

Russ my friend,......

The only amp I've got here is a small Danelectro Nifty Fifty....

The only Mic I have is a Shure SM58

You have seen pics of my studio... There's no way I can stack a bunch of Amps in there,...The pic you saw is Controlroom/VocalBooth/Studio etc etc all in 1.

I love Native instruments Guitarrig to emulate all the Amps you suggested.

I know Craig is a miracleman when it comes to making patches for Guitarrig that's why I asked him for hint and tips.

Man Rizzo would kill me if I come home one day with a Fender Twin.......... :)

Booshy

• Members

Hey Boosh, sorry to take so long getting back to you. I just got the music computer running today, but don't have audio yet. And the real problem is just before I left Florida my hard drive crashed, so I'm having to re-install programs and haven't done Guitar Rig yet.

But from memory, I'd suggest starting with the Twang Reverb and your Tele, and pull the volume control on the Tele back about 2/3 - 3/4 of the way -- assuming stock wiring, that lets through more of the highs while attenuating the lows.

You'll want just a little bit of crunch on the amp, a fair amount of treble, and choose a cab that gives you a bit of an upper midrange boost. Then add some slapback delay in the 50-75 ms range.

At least that's a start! I think I have a rockabilly preset I did for GR, when I get it reinstalled I'll see if I still have it.

• Members

Thanks Craig!!!

That's about the same I came up with..... I just kept fiddling around with the cabinets and that twang amp....

You a crash also??? I had one this weekend and had to reinstall everything,..... Major Bummer.

• Members

Actually not a crash, but a nearby lightning strike corrupted part of the drive. I have a UPS and all that, but in Florida, sometimes the charge is so strong it gets into a computer from any wire -- internal wiring, the keyboard, anything. I've even had electrical devices turn on when lightning struck nearby because there was enough charge to turn on electronic switching.

New Mexico has big lightning storms too...and blizzards...but no hurricanes or tornadoes, though!

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

Actually not a crash, but a nearby lightning strike corrupted part of the drive. I have a UPS and all that, but in Florida, sometimes the charge is so strong it gets into a computer from any wire -- internal wiring, the keyboard, anything. I've even had electrical devices turn on when lightning struck nearby because there was enough charge to turn on electronic switching.

New Mexico has big lightning storms too...and blizzards...but no hurricanes or tornadoes, though!

Thank Gawd I live here,...we only have dykes breaking through ;)

Archived