Entry Level 7 String Guitars

Johansolo

• Members

i think i want to dabble in a 7string guitar. i own plenty of sixes and have severly downtuned before...but now i mainly play in E standard and love it...but...having that extra B string could be having hte best of both worlds

thing is ive never played a a 7 before and dont want to spend $5000K AUS on a Universe UV777 as i will mostly likely not do it justice.

so im thinking around $500AUS for a 7stringer? what are my options? i know the brands but dont know the models so its a bit harder to research

not too fussed about electronics/pickups as they can be upgraded , mainly neck playability...but i defnitely want a fixed/string thru bridge.

Fender Squier

ESP/Ltd

Schecter

Ibanez

Washburn

any help advice? i maight try and see if i can borrow a 7 from one someone to see if i can actually play it.

im really liking the Fender Squier Stagemaster 7

http://www.station-music.de/ebay/fen_stage7coblue.jpg

• Members

Try the fixed bridge Ibanez ones. I played one and it felt nice. Seven String guitars are not my cup of tea but that guitar felt great. It was in the RG series. There is also an AX Series one.

The Washburn looks like a good deal but i haven't played it so i can't really judge.

• Members

I have the Washburn; I really like it a lot. Like you I was scared to spend big bucks on a nice 7-string when i wasn't sure if I would take to it or not....but the Washburn is quite nice. I absolutely love the neck; its wide but quite thin and very comfy. Very fast playing guitar.

I swapped the bridge pickup to a Dimarzio X2N-7 and now it absolutely screams.

If you can do basic guitar setups these Washburns are fine.

Heres pics and a clip of mine:

300906-102828.jpg

300906-103143.jpg

300906-103028.jpg

http://media.putfile.com/HCEG-JAM-2-80

• Members

Originally posted by peavey_impact

I have the Washburn; I really like it a lot. Like you I was scared to spend big bucks on a nice 7-string when i wasn't sure if I would take to it or not....but the Washburn is quite nice. I absolutely love the neck; its wide but quite thin and very comfy. Very fast playing guitar.

I swapped the bridge pickup to a Dimarzio X2N-7 and now it absolutely screams.

If you can do basic guitar setups these Washburns are fine.

Heres pics and a clip of mine:

300906-102828.jpg

300906-103143.jpg

300906-103028.jpg

http://media.putfile.com/HCEG-JAM-2-80

good looking axe! Sweet clip too. :thu:

• Members

cheers everyone.

im liking the idea of adding a schecter into my collection (i already have a sweet ibanez)

ill check that out guitar world sometime soon...than omen looks sweet.

havent ruled out the ibanez either thou so i guess ill just have to go try em out now that i know whats available

thanks again everyone

Archived