Sound Forge Audio Studio 8.0

WFTurner

• Members

Sound Forge Audio Studio 8.0, little brother to the full blown Sound Forge 8.0 sure looks a lot bigger now that they've included VST and DX support to the lil bugger. Won't do 24 bit, but for me that's not important these days. At $69.95 it's become a heck of a deal in my book.

• Members

Originally posted by WFTurner

Won't do 24 bit, but for me that's not important these days.

Why do you say that 24 bit isn't important? (I don't know the answer but I want to know what you mean... I can only do 16 bit am wondering about 24... rather new to recording.)

• Members

It important musically for the most part. It's not important to me because music has become mainly a source of therapy for me. I'm just about fully homebound and much of the time bed ridden and music is now a gage day to day that I'm at least hangin in mentally. All the latest, greatest and hottest in tools and stuff ain't all that important no more. I got a compact system that does 16 bit smoothly that I can tug to the hospital at a moments notice and 16 bit takes less HD space and resources specially when it comes to working at a massive undertaking of archiving a life time of writing and at the same time will keep my stuff compatable with systems my son's have,(they're not really interested in the gear aquisition syndrome game), when I pass my stuff on to them.

If you're doing this stuff seriously with a goal you have to do 24 bit. No debate there.

Archived