GFS Lil Puncher Wiring help

FUBTAG

• Members

Good Afternoon!

I am wiring up my Squier Tele with GFS Lil Punchers. I have no clue how to wire it. Original wiring is 1 black and one white. The wiring from the new pups are 1 black, 1 green, a red and white soldered together, and a braided wire. I just want to do this once... so I washoping someone could tell me hwo to do this. I did email GFS, but they may not be there -- and this is my day off. The guitar is open...and now I am just waiting.

Thanks for any help guys!

Tom

• Members

It wires up exactly like Seymour Duncan's website schematics.

Black will go to the pickup selector.

Green will go to your volume pot along with the braided.

Red and white stay together. Make sure you wrap them with some electrical tape to prevent them from touching anything.

I have the GFS Little Puncher in my tele you will be pleased.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/tele_bridge_hb.html

PeAcE

• Members

It wires up exactly like Seymour Duncan's website schematics.

Black will go to the pickup selector.

Green will go to your volume pot along with the braided.

Red and white stay together. Make sure you wrap them with some electrical tape to prevent them from touching anything.

I have the GFS Little Puncher in my tele you will be pleased.

PeAcE

Red and white don't get attached.. just covered?

• Members

Are the diagrams the same for all hbs? I got this one...

gfs.jpg

Mine is a little different (my scanner is down otherwise I would scan it in )

I was just confused by the amount of wires. Green is Pos, Black is Ground, Red/white taped off, and the unshielded wire is also ground.

• Members

For ArKay,

What's your opinion on the dream 180? I'm really tempted to get one for use in a HSS style configuration. With search being down I've no other way to get info.

I put them in my Cort Z42 which has a mahagony body and I love the sound of those. They have a pretty clean tone, they are neither muddy nor overly hot, but I think that they also sound great with lots of gain (for powerchord stuff). The Cort has a push/pull pot so I can split the coils which doesn't make them sound like single-coils, but it's a nice bonus.

Archived