New Guitar Day!

White Falcon

• Members

Just came home with this new Gibby Explorer. First change I made was putting on an amber switch tip :thu:

Thinking of putting in a set of BB Pros, and changing the knobs for gold ones...opinions on this anyone?

explorer006861337.jpg

Not all Gibby's are overpriced. Paid 1K even for this brand new at GC, which I feel was perfectly reasonable for such a sexy axe.

• Members

That's noice! I do like me a good explorer. What sort of styles do you play? Oh, and I'd definately stick some gold knobs on. Maybe even pickup covers?

rock, punk, surf, rockabilly mostly. yep, i'll be getting the bb pros w/gold covers. the gold knobs would be more vintage correct. but the black works too. undecided.

• Moderators

Just came home with this new Gibby Explorer. First change I made was putting on an amber switch tip
:thu:

Thinking of putting in a set of BB Pros, and changing the knobs for gold ones...opinions on this anyone?

explorer006861337.jpg

Not all Gibby's are overpriced. Paid 1K even for this brand new at GC, which I feel was perfectly reasonable for such a sexy axe.

Gold reflector knobs....you gotta.....gotta say....I detest gold hardware....but that makes my willy hard:cry:

Oh and if you buy some BBs....get Zebras

• Members

rock, punk, surf, rockabilly mostly. yep, i'll be getting the bb pros w/gold covers. the gold knobs would be more vintage correct. but the black works too. undecided.

Sound. That guitar will look even better than it does already. Hope you enjoy it!

• Members

Are those comfortable to play sitting down?

How is the upper fret access?

I'm thinking I could be in the market for one of those beauts

i had a '59, and they play sitting quite nicely, actually.....very balanced.....and upper frets are better accessed than a les paul.....

btw......nice 'splorer......

Archived