Case for Melody Maker?

Fred Fartboski

• Members

The reason I suggest The TKL 7824 is that it is the only case I have found that is specifially designed for The thinner body LP so you would not need any extra padding and it fits the MM like a glove.TKL also make cases for Epiphone,The Epiphone LP case is a rebadged TKL 7825.It's a little cheaper than the 7824 but not as snug a fit.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=guitar&base_pid=517248&index=0

• Members

For all you guys/gals ordering the new Melody Maker: What case case do you plan on getting for it?

Or, for those that already have a MM: What case are you using?

I agree with fuzztone about the TKL-7824. I bought one for my Les Paul Special, which is the same size as the Melody Maker, and it is a perfect fit for the guitar.

• Members

I recently got that TKL case for my 2005 LP Jr. and it did NOT fit. I contacted TKL and they said that the case was designed for the older LP Jr.'s with the more angled neck. The newer (after 2002 I guess) LP Jr.'s have a straighter neck angle and so the neck was sticking up out of the case and it wouldn't close without [bad] pressure on the neck.

I ended up with the SKB-56 LP case, which fits my LP Jr. as well as any other case I've had has fit any other guitar I've had, without any extra padding at all.

I'm not sure about the neck angle of these new fangled Melody Makers, but just keep in mind that it may not fit in the TKL Jr. case.

Archived