8502 American Ash Tele?

Blues Junior

• Members

Anyone got one?

It's a popular topic on the TDPRI and those morons at the FDP kinda like it too. Looks sweet, and from all accounts it is a great Tele. '52RI neck with 9.5 radius, premium ash body, brass saddles and some custom Tele pickups.

I'm going to check one out this week..

272092.jpg

• Members

Part of me thinks I'd think twice before I made my main tele an ash tele again.

I think ash is more classic, but alder more versatile.

I don't have that one but I do have the '52 RI. Although it is a particularly warm sounding ash guitar.

I'm just saying, I've gotten over my "must be ash" inclination.

• Members

I saw this in the new MF catalog, and I was intrigued too. I'm usually a fan of alder Teles with rosewood boards, but I love big necks and the "one-piece U-shaped maple neck" sounds right up my alley. Plus, if I was to pick up a maple board Tele, the blonde finish with black guard is the only way to go in my mind.

Anyone have any impressions?

• Members

I checked this guitar out yesterday. It has a really nice U shaped neck, a little bigger all around than a standard C shape on the typical MIA Telecaster.

It sounds really great though, very full with alot of Telecaster character.

Color wise though, the blonde is more pale in comparison with that photo above, and even different than a blonde Hwy 1 that was sitting next to it. I don't know if I liked it. It also comes in sunburst...

20706_3.jpg

FAAT-2SB_body-front.jpg

• Members

WT3 Wilkinson Bridge....probly the BEST tele bridge on the market. Loaded with SeymourDuncan Alnico II Pros, and a Blade switch. Grover 18:1 Sealed Tuners. Two-Piece center matched Ash body. And quality wise its very close to the American Series Tele I just sold. Price.......1/2 the cost? Can't beat it. Oh you will have to invest in a decent case. I bought a older Fender molded. The NEW fender molded's are terrible, made in China cost saving..junk! Shame on Fender for giving up a terrible case with a USA built Telecaster !

Archived