Steinberger nut string clamp

Matter-Eater Lad

• Members

Good freakin' luck. It's a small little bit of machined metal - it should be included with every Steinberger ever sold. But no, it's an accessory, and the sole dealer of Steinberger parts is MusicYo, who sucks worse than any other company on the planet when it comes to actually having, you know, inventory.

I know that Steinbergers are the bastard children in the Gibson family tree, but they're a bunch of idiots. I know their rationale is that they don't want to tie up a lot of cash in inventory when they don't sell that many Steinbergers - but I guess they're too damn stupid to grasp the concept that people can't buy what you don't have.

• Members

Contact www.musicyo.com and let them know you want to order one. It might take a long time for them to get them in, but they'll probably eventually e-mail you when they are available.

I got my adapter from there. It did take a while, but I finally picked one up. So far, I'm still just using up my stock of double ball-end strings I bought from them.

• Members

Another trick I've seen is to go to a hobby shop that sells radio controlled airplanes - apparently there are small metal connectors for servo rods and the like that can be used on individual strings - you'd buy six and clamp one onto each string, like a separate ball.

Archived