Let's see your Gibson Les Pauls!

richardson

• Members

Looks like the righthanded version of my LP Standard.

How do you like your Black Beauty in comparison? I have been tempted to get one, because black in a LP has always tempted me and I already have 2 Gibson Les Pauls and don't need the high price that would go with a Gibson LP Custom in black.

I also had a Line 6 many years ago and traded it in on my Mesa Rect-O-Verb combo. Lately I've even entertained thoughts of getting one again, because I like the tons of options those amps give you. Fun for toying around with.

I love the Black Beauty. I still play it more often than the Standard, not that I'm afraid of dropping my Standard, I've gigged with both alot but more often than not the Black Beauty seems to be my preference.

Only problem I had with the Black Beauty was the toggle switch shorted out on me after about a year of playing. The treble position was fine, but the rythm position shorted out completely - I've heard that is fairly common on Epi's though.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I went out today and spent $20 on new plastic hardware for my Standard (pickup rings, knobs, etc... I forgot to buy a new tip for the pickup switch though, haha) and all I can say is WOW! I also got rid of the black pickguard. Huge improvement!

So yeah, let's see your Les Pauls!
:thu:

dark.jpg

Mine looks exactly the same. It's a 2000.

Archived