help: string not passing over bridge pole piece!

dilin

• Members

hi guys,

i didn't notice it till now, but my high e on my samick avion3 is off center at the bridge position of the SD59 i put in a couple of months back. i bought a boxed set of sd59s, and it says on the box that the bridge is adjusted for "traditional" string spacing (48.9mm)

i measured across the strings at the bridge, and the spacing was about 52mm. The neck pups are dead spot-on however.

will changing the bridge to a gotoh one help? since i'm going to replace the tom and stoptail anyway (any opinions on how it will affect tone- greatly appreciated).

or can i leave it as it is? will it affect my tone? it sounds fine to me until i noticed it..

thanks a lot guys...

• Members

Don't worry about it. Thats pretty much common. Its not worth changing to a F-Spaced pup for what....a High-E that you bending UP anyway? Leave it be, you would NEVER notice a difference in Tone. But in the future thats ONE more thing to add to your check list when looking to buy a guitar! On a Dot neck, look how the dots line up between the D+G string and the strings pass over the poles? Thats all part of a Good String Path!

Archived