LP Customs

keith2112

• Members

when did they start putting rounded necks in them?

i absolutley love the 59 necks, and theres a local craigslist add for an 87 black beauty for 1500 bucks OBO

??

It's had the '59 Rounded since I first tried one out, I think that was 1999. I believe they had slim tapered profiles at one point, though I'm not sure when that happened.

• Members

??

It's had the '59 Rounded since I first tried one out, I think that was 1999. I believe they had slim tapered profiles at one point, though I'm not sure when that happened.

i thought they had a similiar kind of large neck, but not neccessarily the 59 "round" neck

• Members

i thought they had a similiar kind of large neck, but not neccessarily the 59 "round" neck

The neck profile they use on the custom is the same as the old (pre-2002) standard used and that the studio still uses. It falls between the 1960 slim taper and the 50s style (only on the standard) profiles. The mid-50s reissues and originals have an even thicker neck

• Members

I love that neck on my 01 standard. In fact I love 01 standards. since 02 I do not like standards as much. Honestly, I like the natural studio pluss models. Amber with zebra pups looks cool too.
TC, I was saying that the R7s are larger, but I had a typo. That SG3 kicks ass man. How are the necks on those. I love the pickup selector.

• Members

The neck profile they use on the custom is the same as the old (pre-2002) standard used and that the studio still uses. It falls between the 1960 slim taper and the 50s style (only on the standard) profiles. The mid-50s reissues and originals have an even thicker neck

would this be pre-2002 classics too?

Archived