Slightly O.T. Music Humour

blackpig

• Members

Froma an article in today's Irish Times:

"Some classic music history howlers taken from students' exam papers:

Agnus Dei was a woman composer famous for her church music.

Refrain means don't do it. A refrain in music is the part you better not try to sing.

Handel was half-German, half-Italian and half-English. He was rather large.

Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he wrote loud music. He took long walks in the forest even when everyone was calling him. I guess he could not hear so good. Beethoven expired in 1827 and later died from this.

Henry Purcell is a well-known composer few people have ever heard of.

Aaron Copeland is one of your most famous contemporary composers. It is unusual to be contemporary.

Most composers do not live until they are dead.

An opera is a song of bigly size.

In the last scene of Pagliacci, Canio stabs Nedda who is the one he really loves. Pretty soon Silvio also gets stabbed, and they all live happily ever after.

When a singer sings, he stirs up the air and makes it hit any passing eardrums. But if he is good, he knows how to keep it from hurting.

Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel. I know what a sextet is but I had rather not say.

My very best-liked piece of music is the Bronze Lullaby. My favourite composer id Opus.

Another name for kettledrums is timpani. But I think I will just stick with the first name and learn it good.

A trumpet is an instrument when it is not an elephant sound.

When electric currents go through them, guitars start making sounds. So would anybody."

Enjoy yer Monday. :)

Archived