New Guitar day, pics inside (Dean Content)

Manitou

• Members

The long awaited Dean 80 Cadilliac RI

(Apparently only 250 being made)

The Pics: (no making fun of my gross looking green carpet)

3553937302070albtk1.jpg

8453937302070albly5.jpg

8253937302070albex3.jpg

The story: I ordered this sucker from the ebay store the music farm on December 30th or 31st, it was between this and a gibson faded V. They were both around the same price but I went with the Dean on looks and the auction said free shipping.

Sadly this was a mistake and when I asked them about it they corrected it to the 60 or 70 bucks that it was. Payed for it and the case and expected it to be here in the 4-10 days that was advertised, wrong of me to think that.

They told me they were shipping it out early in the second week of January, Friday rolls around (not exactly early in my opinion) and they finally ship it out. Then they send me a wonderful e-mail explaining it will be 10-15 days instead of the previous 4-10 days. More waiting. Finally today I recieved it. A full 18 days after it was shipped out from The music farm.

It was definitly worth the money, a real player and it sounds amazingly thick and rich. Would I deal with the music farm again. I highly doubt it, unless they managed to get something that I REALLY wanted and only they had it.

-BL

• Members

Sweet ax!! Does it feel anything like a Les Paul? What's wrong with the carpet?

I've never owned an LP but in comparison with ones I've tried its a fair bit lighter, theres no maple top. This particular caddy is a flat top with a beveled arm rest so it has considerably less wood composing it. In regards to the neck its a little bit less substantial than an LP but still got some meat on it to grab on to.

As for the carpet its just not good looking.

Archived