Fender strat plus

maiden_fan

• Members

I like my Strat Plus a lot. I have blue/silver/red lace sensors in it. Personally, I like the tone although its different from a standard strat. The lace golds are a little more "vintage" sounding. However, its a matter of personal preference. Some people love the lace sensors, some people hate them and swap 'em out ASAP.

• Members

Sold mine to help finance a Custom Shop Jeff Beck. Loved the hip hardware (locking tuners, LSR nut, 2-point trem), was cool with the gold Lace Sensors (a little polite, but v.clean and noisefree while still sounding adequately succulent and juicy) but ultimately couldn't get on with that skinny rock neck.

If you're okay with the neck profile, you should be a happy bunny with a Plus. The PUs will only be a problem if you crave massive dirt'n grit.

• Members

About half the guitar players I know who are Strat players say they absolutely love the sound of Lace Sensors (my Strat Plus has two golds and a red in the bridge) and about half of them hate them. I have never understood this...I think they sound just fine, but I don't hear such a difference as to allicit such a strong reaction, pro or con. Two different guitar shop owners I know say they hate them so much that they prefer not to sell guitars with lace sensors. "Let me know when you want to get rid of the Lace pickups and I'll score you some Noiseless," one of them recently told me.

Again, I think the Lace sensors sound pretty good to me and:confused: I don't understand the strong sentiments for them or against them.

• Members

A while back I was in a well-known Central London guitar shop and saw two used Clapton sig Strats side-by-side. One was the current version with Vintage Noiseless PUs and the other an older one with Laces, and the Lace-loaded guitar was priced

• Members

I'm a Lace Sensor fan. Low noise, excellent tone and GREAT string balance IMO. But some just can't dig em.

Lace Sensor pup and LS loaded pickguard assemblies will sell for decent $$ on eBay and you could always swap for more traditional pups after the fact but really... you need to try the LS's out for yourself through a decent amp (preferably the amp you use) before you buy and see which side of the fence you fall on.

Here's my Partsocaster Plus (Warmoth body, MIM "Squier Series" neck & hardware and full B/S/R Lace Sensor pickgurad assembly w/ TBX controls I got off eBay). This guitar w/ hsc cost me $300 all in, and I LOVE it!

Strat1.jpg

My Daughter digs it too:

SophiaplayingtheStrat.jpg

Archived