Fender CS Fat 50's without beveled poles......Fakes...or is that how they are now????

dachuckster

• Members

Just purchased some Custom Shop Fender Fat 50's strat pickups from an excellent on-line source. They are not beveled as the Fender website indicates they should. Only one of the pickups was. Nor do they have the colored dots in the back to identify bridge/neck pups (as the schematic points them out).

A phone call to Fender confirmed that the pickup poles should be beveled. They checked with other employees who have them on their strats and they said the same thing. I don't believe this store is duping me at all, just maybe some changes Fender made without updating their website (and possibly thier employees??).

I don't want to mention the store as i don't want to give the impression they are trying to rip me or anyone else off. They were very genourous in sending me a second set (and return the first one so they could check out the first set). They were the same. Anybody know what gives???

• Members

Call the store, ask them what's going on. Tell them to swap you with another set. If Fender says they should all be beveled and dotted, maybe you are getting scammed. If the store is worth anything, they should work something out with you.

-K

• Members

I saw the pics on the Musicians friend website and the box is different as well. If you look closely, the poles are beveled on them.

Looks like the ones on the MF site are newer boxes.. maybe it is just the way they were made before. I will continue to check with Fender...maybe send them the set and have them check it out.

Archived