Reverend guitars?

AtomHeartMother

• Members

They seem to have some very interesting, unique guitars that look to be made of quality parts. Anyone own one (or has played one)? This particular one looks pretty sexy to me. They used to have one with a cutaway and a Bigsy; that must have been a prototype, I guess.

The only concern I have is the spruce top. Would it be susceptible to humidity/temperature changes like an acoustic?

flatroc_rorg_les.jpg

• Members

The top shouldn't be too muchof an issue (or actually not one at all) as it is sealed. The issues of humidity and its effect on woods are really only constant concern with acoustics, hollowbodies, and sound-holed semi-hollows (these being the least of the three to worry about).

I want thyat same guitar. Missed out on the Telesonic and Gilmour's sound playing the Gretsch on his DVD has me jonesing BADLY for this guitar, orange finish, les-trem and all.

Just don't store it in water. :thu:

• Members

I got my hands on one of the first run flatrocs with the f-hole and bigsby. Its one of 12 I believe. Naylor claimed they were pron to feedback so he took away the f-hole but I have yet to have any problems at all. Its a really well made quality guitar. Lots of attention to detail. The bigsby with the roller bridge and sting guides never goes out of tune. I really dig the sound of the revtrons as well. Might not be everyones cup of tea though.

I am very interested in picking up another rev in the future.

DSC00961.jpg
DSC00959.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Christobevii3

How do the revetron pickups compare to p90's and humbuckers in general? What style of music do you think they are best for?

similar to gretsch filtertrons. Suited for rockabilly and stuff like that. very heavy in the upper-mids. I play blues and it sounds great. it handle a fair amount of gain too.

• 5 months later...
  • Members
I got my hands on one of the first run flatrocs with the f-hole and bigsby. Its one of 12 I believe. Naylor claimed they were pron to feedback so he took away the f-hole but I have yet to have any problems at all. Its a really well made quality guitar. Lots of attention to detail. The bigsby with the roller bridge and sting guides never goes out of tune. I really dig the sound of the revtrons as well. Might not be everyones cup of tea though.

I am very interested in picking up another rev in the future.

DSC00961.jpg
DSC00959.jpg

That is a sweet ride man! My main Reverend Slingshot is in my avatar. I called Steve Yankee at Reverend and he estimated that only about 50 like mine exist and possible less with only two pickups. :cool:

• Members
That is a sweet ride man! My main Reverend Slingshot is in my avatar. I called Steve Yankee at Reverend and he estimated that only about 50 like mine exist and possible less with only two pickups.
:cool:

My flatroc is one of 12 made with the f-hole and bigsby;) :thu:

• Members

Black Hat Hunter will be by presently to pimp all things Nayloriffic.

Iirc he has at least 2 Revs. He has a buddy who owns litterally a roomfull of the USA models iirc.

I also have some other online friends who all say good things re Revs. Including a buddy who owns a store up in Georgia that's a Rev dealer. And forumite Chairborne has a Slingshot Junior he swears by as well.

• Members

Black Hat Hunter will be by presently to pimp all things Nayloriffic.

Iirc he has at least 2 Revs. He has a buddy who owns litterally a roomfull of the USA models iirc.

I also have some other online friends who all say good things re Revs. Including a buddy who owns a store up in Georgia that's a Rev dealer. And forumite Chairborne has a Slingshot Junior he swears by as well.

He's a Reverend shill I heard;)

• Members
Yeah I saw that. That rocks!
:thu:

Reverend got rid of the Bigsby option.
:(

The Les Trems operate really well but they don't seem to have a vintage vibe to me.
:o

That's what sold me on my new Used Rev. The bigsby! I love em! and it works great on that guitar.

Joe said they gave them headaches, but the les trem just isn't sexy in my opinion.

• Members
Yeah I saw that. That rocks!
:thu:

Reverend got rid of the Bigsby option.
:(

The Les Trems operate really well but they don't seem to have a vintage vibe to me.
:o

whoops I forgot I posted that info twice. guess that looked like I was trying to one up you or something. I can't remember when I post in these threads anymore. time to pull my head out of my ass!:wave:

Archived