BFG is in the house...

Cade

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm digging the {censored} out of mine- I got the gold one.

Love the neck- Hate the knobs- Getting used to the scalloped top- Pickups are cool but I'll probably mess with them a bit. Needs a truss rod cover.

Jay

post pics of yours Jay, since Cade hasn't :wave:

• Members

Roald Dahl's children's book, "Big Friendly Giant." Just kidding. It's Gibson's ultra-stripped-down Les Paul. No pickup rings, fretboard inlays or truss cover, with an unsanded carved top, wooden knobs, a P-90/HB combo, and distressed finish. Some say "yay," some say, "nay," I say, "meh."

oh holy jesus. I remember having nightmares about that book in kindergarden. I remember I always locked my {censored}ing windows so the evil giants couldn't get to me. I was {censored}ing terrified man!!

• Members

I was tooling with mine the other day...

I raised the pole pieces on the BB3 and liked the change. I made them follow the radius of the fretboard.

I did the same on the P90 and raised the poles to follow the radius as well.

I say go with the mods. It's not the kind of guitar to treat too preciously. It's fun...

And I don't have to worry about it.

Aloha

• Members
I really like the idea of the BFG also, especially the p90-HB pickup configuration. I wish Gibson would offer that on more guitars. It seems like the the perfect blues/rock setup.

I wish they would do the setup on a standard lp.:love:

• Members

Ok...here's pics of my BFG...sorry for the delay. This morning was the first chance I've had to take them.

First, let me say that this is not the typical fit and finish of a GOOD Gibson Les Paul. But I think that's really the intent. A well-worn guitar is gonna have alot of wear, dings, chips, etc. And even though new, this guitar has the feel of a guitar that has some extensive playing time on it, except for the fact that it has frets which have no wear.

The neck is just fantastic. Maybe the best I've played. Action is pretty low, now that I've got her dialed in, and it plays like a dream. Tone? For days...months...years... The P90 alone and in combo with the BB3 is just oh so sweet. Lots of sustain, probably due to the weight-relieved body. And that also makes it fairly light. Probably in the 6-7 lb range. Overall I would say this is one of the best guitars I've owned (over 60 over the past few years).

Next is to strip it and do a "blue jeans" look, which the guitar is just perfect for.

78632645.QJ0i2ZH6._MG_0089.jpg

78632648.Teu8sU9c._MG_0090.jpg

78632650.zRKZyxRB._MG_0091.jpg

78632651.bYa9tb3y._MG_0092.jpg

78632652.hSzsycEN._MG_0093.jpg

78632653.dW0gIRV4._MG_0094.jpg

78632654.Y4bSartL._MG_0095.jpg

78632655.xpVkXUXo._MG_0099.jpg

Archived