Olp users

woscostametaxa

• Members

I purchased a MM-1 for my Xmas gift ($139) and could resit temptation on the black Petrucci's ($149) so I bought it too :D Couldn't be happier with the purchase! I've owned higher end Shecters and the famous MIA Peavey Predator and for the $$ the olp's are awesome!. U might wanna buy some good tuners for the Petrucci though. I recommend the Shecter minis at warmoth.com:thu:

• Members
I'm considering the new MM1F. It no longer has a 'carved' or 'flamed' top, but they've upgraded to a REAL Floyd... supposedly for the same $$$ as the old one.

lrg_mmfloyd.jpg

You know that guitar pic is giving me Gas again. I played a well setup and Dimarzio'd Yellow flamed OLP(VH style) and it was a actually very easy and comfortable player. The bridge was of the cheaper variety but held a tune throught a flurry of dive bomb harmonics as I remember.
Very tempting.

• Members
I'm considering the new MM1F. It no longer has a 'carved' or 'flamed' top, but they've upgraded to a REAL Floyd... supposedly for the same $$$ as the old one.

lrg_mmfloyd.jpg

The place I got my Mockingbird deal 2 weeks ago had one of those too for $225. Almost bought it.

• Members

The place I got my Mockingbird deal 2 weeks ago had one of those too for $225. Almost bought it.

Dude, you're killin' me..

*I do not need another guitar*

hmm... my birthday is only a couple weeks away.

• Members

i've put planet waves auto trims on it - but my trem-arm broke inside the trem - atm. i'm talkin' to the company i have it from to get a new trem or so... (u can't put it out that easily...)

question: wanted to install a dimarzio steves special: but it would need to be a few mm lower - shall i cut the "feet" of the pu or millcut a few mm of wood?

• Members

If you want MusicMan quality and mojo for an OLP price...just buy a MusicMan. You can routinely find the SUB1 MusicMans on eBay for under $400. Built in San Luis Obispo, California right beside the Petruccis and Lukes. May not have alot of glossy bling to it, but are you buying it to look at or play? They come as either a one or two pickup models, fixed or tremolo bridge. I bought one for $299 on eBay and have never regretted it.

http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/specs/instruments_subguitar.html

SUB1_red_2H_tre02.jpg

• Members

I've got the MM1-FR and while the frets were all over the place height wise, a fret job turned it into a solid player. I know that the pickups are cheap chinese stuff, but they've got a great unique sound to them. The neck pickup is so bright that it almost sounds like a single coil to be honest. If you run it into something hot it breaks up really nice in the bridge position. But my favorite is mixing them into a clean phased effect and it just sounds like a bell or something.

Its cheap and it won't be worth much if I sold it, but it is a fun guitar and the neck is damn near perfect dimensions for me. For the money you can't expect too much more. May require some TLC to get it setup though.

Archived