Music lessons late in life

blackpig

• Members

Music is an ever-learning process. Even if you're an expert pro right now, in 10 years you'll know much more than you ever did.

I keep things fresh and interesting by learning new instruments. Or re-learning them. One of my new year's resolutions is to take up the saxophone again. I haven't touched one in 11 years.

You might have played every note, and every scale and every chord, but there's still something new to learn.

• Members

Hey, LET'S HEAR IT FOR OLD GUYS!

Like so many, I have played guitar since youth. I use synth's and keys in the studio, but am a keyboard futz. Years ago, I bought a near-dead piano which I rebuilt. I never learned to play it, but my son learned on it, and now he can read, so it was all worth it. I have tried all my life to read, but the notes still look like bunches of grapes on an arbour. I have to woodshed for hours. Even using BOTH of my brain cells, it's nearly impossible. I'm sure you will do much better!

• Members

Yeah. Old guys rock!! I turned 50 last year.

Great, innit! I've decided to learn to play the dobro this year, having played regular guitar for ages. My wife also wants someone in the family to learn some form of pipes. So I've found this guy:

http://www.daveshaw.co.uk

Not had the courage to get in touch and order anything yet, but the sound of these pipes is ethereal.

Archived