Gibson Cermanic Pickups, How do I make them clean?

ilovemystrat

• Members

Play them into a clean amp?:confused:

Not sure what you mean. I had the ceramics in my Explorer at one time and they did not have a problem doing clean at all. They have some power thats for sure. Are you mabye running a tube amp and the pups are pushing it into overdrive?

• Members
Play them into a clean amp?
:confused:

Not sure what you mean. I had the ceramics in my Explorer at one time and they did not have a problem doing clean at all. They have some power thats for sure. Are you mabye running a tube amp and the pups are pushing it into overdrive?

i'm playing into a vox pathfinder 10, all knobs at noon (japanese apartment here)

• Members

I'm not sure I understand you, but I'd say roll off the volume on the guitar. That's what I do with mine.

Is the boost mode on the Blues driver a dirty one? But ya, rolling back the volumes a bit might work.

Could be the combination of the hot ceramics and the Boost is causing the speaker to distort.

• Members

you are still going to get some color in the tone even with the gain down on one. I would also use your guitar volume. I was amazed when I started using my volume more at the versatility of the guitar. I felt like I had been missing out on something for a long time.

• Members

When I had those stock ceramics in my Gibson LP Classic, I found that they were pretty bright and agressive, but I was able to get a nice chimmy jangle out of the neck pickup. I just played it clean through a clean amp with 6L6 tubes (Mesa Mark series). I eventually took them out and put in a Ducan '59 and a Custom Custom. But I didn't hate the ceramics, they did some pretty cool stuff.

Archived