What's that noise on the "24" sound track?

Jeff Leites

• Members

We've been watching the new season of "24" that started Sunday night. I thought my center speaker was blown. There is an occasional burst of noise that sounds kind of like a torn speaker cone. :( Much to my relief, :) I was also recording it in case I fell asleep (I'm gettin` old), and the noise was clearly there when I played it back on another TV. It's hard to belive they didn't catch this.

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff Leites

We've been watching the new season of "24" that started Sunday night. I thought my center speaker was blown. There is an occasional burst of noise that sounds kind of like a torn speaker cone.
:(
Much to my relief,
:)
I was also recording it in case I fell asleep (I'm gettin` old), and the noise was clearly there when I played it back on another TV. It's hard to belive they didn't catch this.

It's your cable company. I didn't hear any noise.

And, yes, they would have "caught" it.

• Members

If you guys didn't hear it, maybe it was just in the local over the air broadcast.

It mostly occured before a commercial, when they showed multiple scenes on the screen, and showed the big digital clock with the numbers flipping. If we hadn't reused the tape, I'd post the sound. I'm not crazy I tell you :freak:

• Members

Whew!, I'm not going nuts, Just found this posted on the Mackie board:

"Hey Ernest,

Just to follow up...I listened with the volume up a bit and sure enough, there is some real bad digital distortion there. I am getting the message to the producers. Thanks,

Larold"

Archived