36,000 mph - reach the moon in 9 hours!!

nat whilk II

• Members

yeah, my brother's Camaro could take it...it's baaaaadd!!!

Hey, maybe they have Coors on board!

Charon-bound and down, loaded up and truckin'

we gonna do what they say can't be done

We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there

c'mon now an fly away from da sun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Chuck Norris once set up a race between that rocket and his roundhouse kick. The race went well for the first .0001 seconds until Chuck's kick exceeded the speed of light and caused a huge tear in the time/space continuum. The rocket could not be reached for comment, but was probably crying like a beotch.

• Members

When I was young and I and my friends were on something, we made up a whole new way of measuring the speed of travel.

I can't remember it all but I do know that that rocket is going at least 50 snaps a handfull, maybe faster.

• Members

Originally posted by Brittanylips

Just curious - why are so many musicians interested in space?

And vice versa - actually - why are so many space scientists interested in music?

What's the link?

-PL&B

Artists of all sorts are, as a group, pretty sensitive to the world-view, the image of the universe, the spirit of their particular age. I think it's part of the artistic tempermant in general.

Not that artistic types always have their fact straight, or their conclusions free from confusion, or their philosophies free from nonsense. But folks who find things like space exploration, chaos theory, quantum superpositions, string theory, etc. as inspiring to the imagination, well, I think they have at least some part of what it takes to be an artist - imagination and sensitivity.

nat whilk ii

• Members

Originally posted by Brittanylips

Just curious - why are so many musicians interested in space?

And vice versa - actually - why are so many space scientists interested in music?

What's the link?

-PL&B

It's only natural. If you measure distance by snaps, you can keep time to your music simultaneously. Think Tom Jones.

• Members

Originally posted by nat whilk II

Artists of all sorts are, as a group, pretty sensitive to the world-view, the image of the universe, the spirit of their particular age. I think it's part of the artistic tempermant in general.

Not that artistic types always have their fact straight, or their conclusions free from confusion, or their philosophies free from nonsense. But folks who find things like space exploration, chaos theory, quantum superpositions, string theory, etc. as inspiring to the imagination, well, I think they have at least some part of what it takes to be an artist - imagination and sensitivity.

nat whilk ii

I think you're right.

Coincidentally, yesterday there was an article in the New York Times "A Genius Finds Inspiration in the Music of Another" about how Einstein was inspired by Mozart.

-Peace, Love, and Brittanylips

Archived