WOW!!! Tis true bout da Edwards!

sitamoia50

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congradulations on getting your Edwards LP! I hope you really enjoy it. :)
I have a black Edwards LP Custom. (Sorry, no pics available).

I have owned many Gibson LP's and still play on Gibsons, but the Edwards LP Custom with the lacquer finish sounds and plays beautifully. I highly recommend it! Mine weighs 7.5 pounds and has never given me a single problem. It is all stock and there is no reason to change it.

I gig out with mine all the time with my Diezel amp and it is a great combination. I would get another Edwards without hesitation!
Stephen

• Members

Anything made by ESP is going to be good quality (not including the low low end LTD's). I've owned 2 Edwards, 5 LTD's and an X-Tone and all have been pretty good. The only guitar on my list to buy is an LTD PB-500. :love:

• Members

Edwards makes a great guitar that approaches the quality of a gibson at a fraction of the price. If you want a gibson-style guitar that exceeds the quality of the "real thing" (and still a little bit cheaper), check out Heritage.

• Members

Edwards makes a great guitar that approaches the quality of a gibson at a fraction of the price. If you want a gibson-style guitar that exceeds the quality of the "real thing" (and still a little bit cheaper), check out Heritage.

I really dont want to open cans of worms and stuff, but my Edwards is not just approaching the quality of my LPs or Heritage, but it can hang with the best.

My Heritage CM150 is a fantastic guitar, but is also heavy.

My LP's are awesome, but were hand picked during an 18 month or so look. I saw a LOT of new LPs that were no where near my Edwards in terms of finish or playability.

The Edwards has a long neck tenon (for those who care) and weighs in at 8 pounds. Quality of fretwork and fit and finish are impeccable.

My 2 Singlecut LPs, a Classic and a Standard weigh in at 91/2 and 9 pounds respectively. The Standard was bought new, and I would say fit and finish on the Edwards is just as good, if not better, and the Eddie was bought sight unseen and the LP was picked from lots and lots.

It's hard to put across to people just how good modern guitars are on the whole, and I would be intrigued to know how my Gibsons are "better" than my Edward.....I'm struggling to see it.

• Moderators
^ ah, I have a custom legra due to arrive in about a week, I'm waiting till that arrives to see which edwards I want to get first- plus, some of the models I'm interested in are backlogged.

:thu:

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.....which Legra? We will of course bug the crap out of you for some severe commentary on that guitar.......how much? Spec?

Spill the beans:thu:

• Members

So...you're not gonna flame this guy like you did the poor forumite who purchased a Chinese made Gibson clone?

(Edwards are cool guitars, btw)

While Edwards is a direct rip off of the Les Paul design, they aren't trying to pass their products off as Gibsons.

I think that's where the other thread went south.

This is a copy...not a counterfit.

• Members
Hey Prages,

Which one is it that you ordered that's backordered? the P90 goldtop?

That's the one.

elp85sdp.jpg

And I love the description:

It is a replica of top Res Paul Gold before 1957 when ham backer PU is developed. It is done to the body of gold-collar of a mystery and settled impression that Tsbta ..difference.. feelings of each sound are mounts as for picking up ..saying P-90.. type, and will keep carving the history with a new lock guitar in the future.

• Members

Hehehe....

At least Gibson can't sue them for using the words "les paul"...since they're really "Res Paul" ;)

On a more serious note, do you happen to know if any other models were also backordered? I'm looking to order the lacquer series honey burst (with humbuckers), most likely.

• Members
Hehehe....

At least Gibson can't sue them for using the words "les paul"...since they're really "Res Paul"
;)

On a more serious note, do you happen to know if any other models were also backordered? I'm looking to order the lacquer series honey burst (with humbuckers), most likely.

I don't know, but on their site on the goldtop I ordered, it says this:

- The commodity here might be waited for for a long term in the stockout in the manufacturer. Please acknowledge will being to report the delivery date separately beforehand.

Which I assume means it's backordered. :)

• Members

^ ah, i can field that one. I was told the E-LP-98LTS (just to make sure i have the right model, lol) in vintage honey burst would be available in june, when i emailed ishibashi about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Not too sure when in June, though. But shouldn't be too long, in any case.

EDIT: this one

Archived