Tele-project done for now - more customization ideas?

GuitaRasmus

• Members

So I've finished my teleproject for now:

trucktele-minihum2.jpg

trucktele-minihum.jpg

Specs:

Crafter cruiser neck, Peavey EXP body, home made pickguard, Dimarzio singles, Tonezone and minhumbucker. Minihumbucker has its own volume, so can be blended seamlessly with the other pu combinations. The switch named "snooze" is a momentary killswitch.

I would like to trick it out even more, more switches, or other gadgets, whatever. Any and all ideas wanted! :)

I am thinking about a GR-20 pickup, but I'm not sure if its in keeping with the character of the guitar.

Anyway, I am open to all suggestions. Fire away!

• Members

Don't know who Tera Patrick or Coop is, this girlie is just a sticker from stickergiant.com

She's a looker, though. ;)

Country?!?! With a tonezone?

Seriously, I considered a trem, but I hardly ever use the things, so I did without it.

Another thing; It has a tendency to howl a little with high gain, but I'm pretty sure it's not the pickup, since Tonezone is a high gain pickup, could it be that the pickup vibrates in the metal bridge?

• Members

I think the metal bridge enhances or amplifies the magnetic field, but I could be wrong. A lot of people say that's part of the "tele" sound, so I imagine it does have some effect on a hot bucker.

Coop is an artistit that draws some big assed trunk legged sometimes devilish pinup girls.

coop00061.jpg

• Members

Thanks a lot guys!

The switching is as follows:

5 position switch:

1: Bridge tonezone

2: Tonezone plus middle singlecoil

3: Middle singlecoil

4: middle plus neck singlecoil

5: Neck singlecoil

This "system" has its own volumeknob, and the minibucker has the other volume knob - this way I can blend the minibucker with almost any combination of pickups. The killswitch works with all the pickups.

Actually, I don't really know the model name of the singlecoils, they're sort of vintage-y. The bridge, as mentioned above, is a Dimarzio ToneZone and the minibucker is Dimarzio too.

Once again, thanks for the kind words, I'd really appreciate any further input.

• Members

that's pretty cool, man. What else could you possibly want to do to this guitar? You're running out of real estate on there
;)

You may want to look at the mod boards on guitarfetish.com?

Now, where would Danocoustic have been, if he'd share your view? ;)

I want more mods! More mods I tell you! Bwahahaha!

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. :)

• Members

Instead of modding this one further, I think I'd start a new one
;)

LOL, no can do. After having had about 27 guitars, I promised the gf to cut down, and sold off almost all of them, except 5 keepers, and bought myself a 1994 PRS CE24. I told her that this project is just for fun, and that I won't be getting any more guitars for now. She doesn't care about the money, more about the space, and if I start another project, she will definately get suspicious. ;)

Btw, I forgot to show you the really cool flamed maple neck - I got this for 50 (!!!) bucks - hard to believe when you see the prices on warmoth necks. I found it in a store, attached to a Cruiser (Crafter electrics) guitar and persuaded the store owner to sell me the neck only. Here it is:

truckertele_neck.jpg

• Members

So I've finished my teleproject for now:

trucktele-minihum2.jpg

trucktele-minihum.jpg

I am thinking about a GR-20 pickup, but I'm not sure if its in keeping with the character of the guitar.

Anyway, I am open to all suggestions. Fire away!

There is character to that guitar?:freak:

I'd say remove the 2 middle pckups, replae the neck one with a p90, put a bigsby on it and your goo.:thu::p:wave:

Archived