New Gibson Faded 3-Pickup Flying V - Thoughts?

Lemmings

• Members

477625.jpg

Any thoughts on these models? Couldn't really find any decent reviews. The worn finish looks a bit naf but im gassing for one nevertheless.

P.S. I live in New Zealand so trying one out isn't really an option.

P.P.S. I am new here. Hello :wave:

• Members

From what I've heard, most people do like the faded V's. I've played a few myself and they were pretty nice. I think if they did a natural colored one o dems with some gold hardware and covered pickups, that'd be teh shex.

But yeah, check on reviews for the regular Faded Flying V. Should be pretty much the same with one extra hole carved in it.

• Members

Well, I'm a sucker for 3 p'up Gibsons. I'm not crazy about the rotary switch, however. So put me down as being 'on the fence' about that one.

But, it's got me thinking. What about a Faded V, with a single P90? Eh? EH?

• Members

Yeah, the rotary switch could be kind of problematic :-/

I'm definitely thinking of putting a p90 in there, considering the neck and middle pickups are the same. Swap one of them out for a p90, and still have the traditional Rhythm/Treble combo available. :thu:

Any recommendations for a good humbucker-sized p90? Z90? Phat Cat? Something kind of bluesy with some good bite.

• Members

Hey, that neck's on the wrong end!

Lol, yeah, that probably the first modification i'd do to it :idea:

The rotary switch replaces the standard 3 position pickup switch - giving you bridge, bridge/middle, middle, middle/neck, neck or bridge/neck pickup combinations. I'm just wondering how hard it might be to quickly twist from say neck to bridge or trying to figure out which position you're in during a song.

• Members

477625.jpg

Any thoughts on these models? Couldn't really find any decent reviews. The worn finish looks a bit naf but im gassing for one nevertheless.

P.S. I live in New Zealand so trying one out isn't really an option.

P.P.S. I am new here. Hello
:wave:

i like everything but the color. I dont mind black guitars but im not a huge fan of worn black. of course it probably does look better in person. I have always heard good things about the 2 pup faded v's so i dont see why this one would be any different

• Members

I haven't spent much time with the 3-Pickup models but I really love my Faded V more than I thought I would. It took a couple of weeks for me to get totally sold on the pickups but it is really a fantastic instrument top to bottom..

I don't really understand the black switch on the 3-pickup model though...

• Members

Here is why I won't buy this and I do like it -- it does not have the standard and great 500T/496R pups in it like the 2 pup models. Those are two of the same 490R (neck middle) and one 490T (bridge). Not bad pups, but not my faves at all.

Really? Definitely go for the 2 pup model then, I love my 500T now..

Archived