Heat Press Neck

AshboneWish

• Members

It means that the truss rod can no longer correct the relief in the neck. (In other words, the truss rod as been 'maxed out'). Therefore, the damaged truss rod must be removed, and the neck must be reset to remove the curvature. This reset is done by heat pressing.

Fwiw, I wouldn't touch the guitar.

• Members

It means that the truss rod can no longer correct the relief in the neck. (In other words, the truss rod as been 'maxed out'). Therefore, the damaged truss rod must be removed, and the neck must be reset to remove the curvature. This reset is done by heat pressing.

Thanks for the response.

Wasnt intending to buy was just curious, as id never heard that term before.

Thanks again

• Members

Just saw an ad for used strat ahich said 'needs some work...heat press neck..dress frets...etc'

Is it candy-apple red, with a three-bolt neck? My friend Jimmy had a guitar like that. Neck was heat-pressed more than once. Never did get it right.

• Members

Is it candy-apple red, with a three-bolt neck? My friend Jimmy had a guitar like that. Neck was heat-pressed more than once. Never did get it right.

In cases like this, would it not be worthwhile just paying for a new neck? I'm sue Fender would at least sell you one.

• Members

In cases like this, would it not be worthwhile just paying for a new neck? I'm sue Fender would at least sell you one.

Could be. I don't know how much (if anything, considering that it was unsuccessful) the shop charged him vs. the price of a new neck.

• Members

Damn If I don't learn something new here every time I visit.

:wave:

• Members

Damn If I don't learn something new here every time I visit.

:wave:

Yeah its pretty awesome. Theres always at least one person who can answer any guitar related question here !

Someone asked if it was a red Strat.

No it was on Elderly, and light blue if I remember.

Archived