Agile AL-3100?

studdhuss

• Members

The 3100 will be slightly darker (all mahogany), the 3000MAP will be slightly brighter (thick maple cap). One thing to keep an eye on is the slightly thinner nut (1 5/8" Agile v. 1 11/16" Gibson), and generally heavier weight.

The one I had sounded phenomenal, though a pickup swap was required (lower grade model DC). The higher-end models are supposed to sound much nicer stock, however.

• Members

I'd love to help you, but I've neither owned nor played a 3100. But I do love my all black, all mahogany 2000 and 3000!

S4010258.jpg

They say most mens fantasies are to have two good looking women at the same time. I would say you have yours! Dang nice looking guitars!

• Members

I have a 3100, and it's great. The stock pickups were actually quite decent, and barring a few really irritating blemishes (stain creeping onto binding, fretboard looks slightly filed down in a few places), I was really impressed with it for the price.

• Members

I love my AL-3100 Wide. It kicks any Epi's but in its price range and above imo. The only Epi I ever thought was good enough to be used and workable was an Elitist Epi LP I played. I have had alot of issues with Epi guitars necks. I really really dislike them. Unless you want to fork out for an Elitist the Agile is the best bang for buck guitar in this situation.

Here she is:

DSC00248.jpg

• Members

I used to have a AL3000-MAP. It was a great LP copy - better than the Epi I also used to have. They are quality guitars - just heavy (which is why I sold mine - bad backs and ten pound guitars don't mix well).

Thats the reason why I am contemplating selling mine right now. The weight is a killer. Other then that. the guitar is really amazing. I have a half a mind to keep it and use it to just record but the band needs something to play out with and the Hondo is in no shape for that. I'll sell it once I have enough money saved up for a nice Edwards (which will hopefully be soon)

Archived