Anselmo / Vinnie Paul / Zilla / Tremonti Project!!!!

cerebrix

• Members

August 22, 2007

Today Hellyeah drummer and former Pantera member Vinne Paul announced a new side project that will start recording hopefully by the end of this year.

"Pantera was my band for a lot of years. Like it or not, thats how people see me. I always knew I'd come back, with or without Phillip. He and I have been talking again the last few months since his surgery. He's come a long way. At the end of the day, Dime wouldn't want anyone to hold a grudge, not like that anyway. I'm really liking getting to know this Phillip, hes much better than the last one".

Mark Tremonti is the multi platinum guitarist from Creed and currently the guitarist for Alter Bridge, who will be releasing their second album "Blackbird" later this year.

"I'm amazed I was even asked. Dimebag was a giant influence for me personally as a guitarist. I take Dime with me every time I play. I was really flattered and of course, I couldn't say no to an opportunity like this."

No date has been set for the side project but further details will come later on this year.

• Members

I'm hoping it works well.

I remember reading how Tremonti was a big Metallica fan,so maybe they'll have some good/decent heavier stuff.I just can't see Phil singing ANYTHING by Creed.

Vinnie may just wanna be there "again" when Phil ODs,tho,maybe he'll just watch him die...

:evil:

• Members

I'm still on the fence about giving that a +1

To see Vinnie and Phil together again excites the {censored} out of me....I dunno if Tremonti can contribute but if so then it should kick ass

Yup, Vinnie and Phil...:thu:

Tremonti..............................

• Members

The Tremonti thing killed it for me.
:(

I hate to jump in here being a new guy. But In general creed was just some really good riff based music. And If you haven't listened to Alter Bridge you should. Anyways I have a guitar One CD from like a year ago. There was some video lessons on there with Tremonti... He can totally RIP... I was totatly surprised by this but evidently, Scott Stapp (of Creed) just never let him play any solos. Mark is probably way underated.:thu:

• Members

I remember reading that Vinnie Paul he couldn't touch the drums after Dimebag died, until he remembered how much he loved it and started Hell Yeah. Good for him to keep going at least :thu:

Not a Pantera man, not a Creed man, but could work.

If I remember right Tremonti can shred a bit, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wyQgSBYk2c (Well, he's got some speed down) so maybe it will be better than expected.

:idk: What am I talking about?

- Ged

• Members
I think this could be pretty awsome myself. But I'm a huge pantera fan and I really like Alter Bridge. Tremoti can shred and write som cool riffs... no dime, but I think it'll be cool.

Yeah, I think he'll fit in

Archived