Bridge pickup for Les Paul

guitarbilly74

• Members

...The tone I am looking for is a thick, creamy lead tone a la Gary Moore, John Sykes etc....

Then keep the stock pickup. Some of you guys spend way too much time swapping pickups, instead of focusing on other things, that might affect your tone more than a pu-swap, IMHO.

Gary Moore tone: a Les Paul of some sort (really doesn't matter which one), thin strings, and an very old Marshall amp with everything on 10. Sometimes you don't even need a Les Paul - GM has a very distinct tone, even when he's playing Strats, Explorers, 335's, Charvels aso.

• Moderators

Then keep the stock pickup. Some of you guys spend way too much time swapping pickups, instead of focusing on other things, that might affect your tone more than a pu-swap, IMHO.

Gary Moore tone: a Les Paul of some sort (really doesn't matter which one), thin strings, and an very old Marshall amp with everything on 10. Sometimes you don't even need a Les Paul - GM has a very distinct tone, even when he's playing Strats, Explorers, 335's, Charvels aso.

Voice of reason:wave:

• Members

I already have the rest of my rig just the way I want. That's why I am focusing on my pickups now.

The Gary Moore thing was just a general reference, I am not looking to get the exact tone he's getting but something in that ballpark. Just a thick hard rock tone.

Archived