CSM on the telly AGAIN!!!

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

He's there on Wikipedia for a start:

I know exactly who he is but I kind of tried to help hide his identity by not saying anything but for any who read his "Guitar Geek" columns in Guitarist magazine would know. I'm not sure how happy he's going to be by being "outed" on these boards, mind you using the moniker csm is a bit of a giveaway.

• Moderators

I know exactly who he is but I kind of tried to help hide his identity by not saying anything but for any who read his "Guitar Geek" columns in Guitarist magazine would know. I'm not sure how happy he's going to be by being "outed" on these boards, mind you using the moniker csm is a bit of a giveaway.

He was outed months ago Tom, I'm sure he can live with it

• Members
I've wondered about that for months, but my suspicions were confirmed a month or two back when i read that he had a Beck Strat
:idea:

Cool guy, i very much enjoy his columns every month in the mag
:thu:

Apart from the csm moniker the deadgiveaway was the had two 63 strats and one got stolen and I thought it's Murray !

• Members

Yeah boyeee ... I signed onto this board wth my real initials because, frankly, I didn't expect to be spending so much time (or having so much fun) here. If I'd been seriously into secrecy, I'd've chosen an impenetrable pseudonym and been very guarded about what I posted. Also, I didn't expect my name to mean much to the US HCers who are the overwhelming majority here.

As it is, I enjoy floating ideas for future Guitarist columns and generally participating in the what-goes-on; answering other folks' questions and asking questions of my own.

That St Ives clip is up now: me'n Buffalo Bill are somewhere in the middle performing I Just Want To Make Love To You between two poets, both accompanied by Martyn Barker on guitar and harp. It's all-acoustic (by which I mean no mics or PA), and I'm playing my Ibanez AS50 through a Roland MicroCube on the Brit Combo setting. We're on about 4 minutes in, at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAOI-ivxIs. Nuthin fancy, but enjoy ...

• Moderators

Apart from the csm moniker the deadgiveaway was the had two 63 strats and one got stolen and I thought it's Murray !

Outed on:

01-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csm View Post

Frankly, if someone says they like my playing and/or my sound (I'm not picky - I'll gracefully accept compliments for ANYTHING), that's all that counts.

CSM? Charles Shaar Murray? I'll give you a compliment.Thanks for making the NME from 76-80 the greatest music weekly on the planet.It changed my life.

Archived