Bigsby confusion?

bdecorsey

• Members

Can anyone tell me the difference between the B5, B50 and B500?

I can't tell what the hell it is.

The B5 is the US version and the B50 the imported version. Functionally, they should fit and work identically, but the B5 is "hand-cast in Kalamazoo" whereas the B50 is diecast overseas. The B500 similar to the B50 (overseas manufacture), but is more 'modern' and less 'vintage' looking. They would all fit the same gits.

• Members

It has to do with where is was made. the b5 is made in the usa, and it is sand cast. The other 2 are licensed (foreign made) and one or both of them is die cast (im not sure about that last part 100%, someone pleas correct me if im mistaken).

I put a b5 on my sg, because i was a little picky about it being made in the usa and i wanted the "original" one. but i have never heard of anyone having any problems with the foreign made version.

• Members

There are a few differences in construction, but if you are just trying to figure out what you have in front of you the B50 and B500 have the word "Licensed" under Bigsby. And the B500 has a different shape (consult pics on the Bigsby site, they have a pointed tail).

Archived