Custom guitar: added LP pickguard, opinions??

CrackerD

• Members

Here's one of my fav gits. It's an alder undersized JM body, with USA Custom Guitars 24.75" neck with a sweet rosewood board and PW tuners. Tele bridge with GFS Dream180 and Dream90 neck. This has become my main player. I initially did not like the bridge pickup, however I am now really liking it after a year or so.

Anyway, I added a pearl LP 'guard to match the pickups and knobs. I think I like it. Opinions??

Before:

Stratatelemaster.jpg

After:

st3.jpg

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

• Members

I like it alot has a very Reverand look to it, though if it were mine I would paint it sky blue and it would have a maple board. Any plans to put color on it? Either way shes a looker imho.

I was going to originally have Marty Bell spray it with a wacky bright green sparkle. However, money has been terribly tight this last year. so I just finished it with some truoil I had laying around.

I agree a sky blue would look killer. I also thought about seafoam green.

If I do decide to refinish it, I will probably go for a trans emerald green.

Thanks for the opinions fellas.

I probably have less then $350 invested in this project, for those that are interested.

• Members
I'm well, though 11 classes and the nocturnal newborn are kicking my butt right now.

me=
:freak:

Missed you the last few months.
:)

Anybody who has kids and is a decent parent is a hero in my book.:thu: Don't know how you remain sane with the added stress of school.

I've been working on my own business, so the guitars have taken a backseat. This place gives me too much gas, so I tend to lurk when broke!

• Members

Anybody who has kids and is a decent parent is a hero in my book.
:thu:
Don't know how you remain sane with the added stress of school.

I've been working on my own business, so the guitars have taken a backseat. This place gives me too much gas, so I tend to lurk when broke!

Thanks man. My girls deserve a superstar, but I'm what God gave 'em, they're stuck :)

Do you have a link to your business page?

Archived