RIP Red Buttons....

• Members

I was wondering if anyone would post this, 87yo....perty old dude.....

......when I went to LA back in the late 70's I saw this guy up-close at a gas station on Sunset Blvd. You know I dreamed of Sunset Blvd. since I was a young adult-in-training(idiot), kid.

So anyway, I drive from the mid-west of America>to>LA, in about 3-4 days, something like that. I'm staying at a motel that I later found-out that Jim Morrison had lived in......

.......I had hair down to the middle of my back by then and I was driving a '54 Ford panel truck, so guess what(?)...... yes, Red Buttons was driving a white Rolls and was filling his car on the other side of the pumps.....

......I kinda looked his way, and he had a very stern look of disgust on his face and that led me to say nothing to him.

I did like his Rolls and thought that I should have one, but then, I'd have to not love my '54 so much, which would really be painfull.

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by daklander

:(

He was one funny dude. I saw him the last time on Dennis Miller's old show and he was hilarious... and came in totally well prepared with material. A real professional.

Sad news.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived