my relic with pics

chrisebrooks06

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My comment? You overpaid for a beat up guitar, hoping to capture the mojo of your hero. Guitar Center loves guys like you. Nothing against you or your guitar, I'm sure you love it, but the idea of a high dollar custom shop relic is insane to me.

• Members

so what? It's still someone destroying a guitar.. How they do it means nothing. It's still defacing a new guitar and paying a premium to have it done. Go price a Fender, it's not cheap. That series is limited to 100 and, IIRC, were going to go for $3k+, just like the Lynch models.

• Members

it's your choice but not my cup of tea...

like already stated - for me that's wannabe mojo... if it helps - good. the reviews probably are from metallica fans who have wished to have one for a long time...

what does it cost? 3k+? damn... it's a shred gutiar man... the components aren't that expensive... to ME (me) it's hilarious... I can understand to pay that for a nice Jazz guitar which needs serious craftsmanship...

no matter what.

congrats. I love tallica but that wouldn't make me wanna have one...

cheers, hope you like it. nevermind

• Members

If you love it and it makes you happy then its a good guitar. Don't be surprised when other people don't validate your choice- just expect it-there is nothing wrong with a relic if thats what you want-just play it and share it with people that appreciate it and don't worry about those that don't.

• Members

yes i did...... whats the problem my money my choice?

It's my problem in fact...I'm struggling to understand why people would pay for a "relic-ed" guitar. Had you DIY-ed that, then I would have said nice job.

But different people like different stuff. If you're happy with your purchase , I'm happy for you too. =)

Archived