The Mason HCEG Giveaway guitar has arrived!

Mind Riot

• Members

Reading > you. He didn't say JJ was wrong, he said, in a very kind way, that your analogy sure makes you sound like an asshole.

Seconded.

Anyway, congrats Mind Riot! That's a beautiful guitar. All this has me wondering a lot about one of those H90s, too.

No, he said my reply was inaccurate. So you can {censored} OFF!!!!!!

Besides, being an asshole is my right.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, he said my reply was inaccurate. So you can {censored} OFF!!!!!!

Besides, being an asshole is my right.

What the hell are you doing, Nevermind? There's really no reason for you to crap on one of the best things that's ever come out of this forum. It looks like it was just a misunderstanding given that JJ's comment could easily have been taken as somewhat negative, even though it apparently wasn't intended that way.

As for your statement, MindRiot wasn't saying that your reply concerning JJ being a motivating factor for Atrox to start this project was wrong. He was saying that your ANALOGY was inaccurate, which is something quite different. It really was a "demeaning, inaccurate and needlessly insulting analogy" because there was no "nipple sucking" going on as far as Mind Riot was concerned.

Just leave it alone and let the man enjoy his new guitar.

• Members
I got one:love:

Bryan is not only a purveyor of fine pickups, but since I started wearin his tee Claudia Schiffer has camped out in my garden:mad:

Crazy stalkin bitch

Hmph! I didn't get one with my S-90s!!! Guess it just means I'll have to place an order with Bryan! so...them H-90s sound good, eh? :)

• Members
lol...I didnt have shirts back then.

PM me.

I'll just spin that to say that "I got BG pups way back in the day! Before he was popular and made shirts!" ;) Early adopter and all.

(It's cool, B, I'm sure you'll hit me up when I order next...which i will...now i just need a body and a neck)

• Members

Mind riot, how steady are your hands? You could fix Brians name(atrox) with a thin point sharpie if you are carefull, and probably look close to how it was.
And if you mess it up, it will just wipe right off with a little denatured alcohol.

The names ARE sealed over arent they?
If not FORGET what I said and dont go near it with anything!
But if they are protected, I would give it a shot.

• Members

Mind Riot,

Congrats on that fine prize. :love: I am very glad that the instrument is going to a deserving recipient (even though everyone nominated was deserving). Enjoy! :thu:

BTW, I had no idea you lived in the fine state of Northern California. :D Cool.

Oh and on a side note: It's too bad about the negativity in this thread. I witnessed some tension between certain parties when I was reading some threads yesterday. As a bystander I can see where things went wrong and have been taken wrong. I hope everyone can chalk it up as a complete misunderstanding and let bye-gones be bye-gones.

• Members

If my memory serves, Brian said he put a coat or two of the Tru-Oil over the decals, but I would double check with him before I ever touched it. I might not do it even then, I'd be scared to mess it up.

The only thing I'm kind of worried about is further damage. If they stay the way they are now I think it'll be fine, but if they get damaged easily I'd like to put something over them to protect them somehow. I think that's a really important part of the guitar to keep intact.

Suggestions?
:idk:

Har har.

Yes, the few coats of oil should be enough. I'm not worried about my name at all. who knows what happened there. It could have scratched when i was applying the oil over it and I just didn't notice.

The concerning part to me is they both seem to have drooped a bit on one side. keep a watch on it and if they become more of an issue, then we'll figure it out. I made a few extra decals

Archived