NGD! '63 SG Jr (pics coming)

sh944

• Members

Not that I needed another guitar, let alone an SG.... but this is the lightest one I have ever played. The pickup is a good bit weaker that the one in my TV model or on my '59 LP Jr, but its definitely an all original guitar and has a cool vibe to it. Its got that classic early 60's Gibson neck on it and just needs a decent set of strings on it to be ready to go. I'm stoked!

I'll post a pic in a bit.

Regards, ...Scott

• Members

Its cherry, with a single P90, original everything, including the faux "Alligator" cardboard case and hang tag. Its not hard to figure why so many early SG's have neck issues, since they probably fell out of those cases. lol

Don't go for a "faded" LP Jr/TV. I compared a couple of them to my '59 and they aren't even close. If you want a new one, spring for a VOS, those are very nicely built guitars and feel very similar to mine.

I love Gibson but it sure seems like the quality has slipped a lot over the last few years, UNLESS you are buying the Historic/VOS guitars. Some of the finish flaws in the regular production guitars is unacceptable to me.

Pete, GREAT to see you again! I haven't been here in a few months, I've been busy dealing with life issues and whatnot. We need to catch up, got any gigs coming up? I'll shoot you a pm later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

• Members

I love Gibson but it sure seems like the quality has slipped a lot over the last few years, UNLESS you are buying the Historic/VOS guitars. Some of the finish flaws in the regular production guitars is unacceptable to me.

I would have to say the opposite. I think overall the fit and finish of recent gibsons that I've had my hands on have been really good

• Members

Pete, GREAT to see you again! I haven't been here in a few months, I've been busy dealing with life issues and whatnot. We need to catch up, got any gigs coming up? I'll shoot you a pm later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Next gig is Feb. 16th at the Exit In in Nashville. Love to see ya there!

• Members

Mine is almost identical to the one listed in Mark's Loft, with the exception that mine has minimal finish cracking and has the original case. And I'm feeling *really* good about what I paid for mine, if he's asking $3800.00. :)

Regards, ...Scott

Archived