strat problem

johnboy8

• Members

i have a deluxe strat and when i bought it new it worked fine,but a couple of weeks in i had a problem with the pickup selector(s1 switch up it works in position 1 and 5 s1 switch down it works in 1/3/5)now this problem comes and goes(when i sent it back to the shop i bought it in,which is in germany,i live in ireland they said no its your imagination)i have it back a week now and hey presto the problem is back.anyone any problems like this.

• Members

I think this is a common complaint with the Deluxe Strats. Another complaint is that the button on the knob actually falls out after some time. The consensus has been that these are great recording guitars, but not recommended for playing live. I have a deluxe and I'm contemplating on switching the pups and S1 switching to some Lollars using a blender pot. Sorry I can't really help you out.

• Members

I think this is a common complaint with the Deluxe Strats. Another complaint is that the button on the knob actually falls out after some time. The consensus has been that these are great recording guitars, but not recommended for playing live. I have a deluxe and I'm contemplating on switching the pups and S1 switching to some Lollars using a blender pot. Sorry I can't really help you out.

Is this a faulty solder joint problem that can be fixed with a touch up of the offending joints, or is a defect inherent to the switch?

Archived