Trying to remember strat model.....

aldridt1

• Members

There was a strat....maybe called a strat ultra.....anyway, it had pickups with no pole peices, like emgs or lace sensors...and three push button switches for the pickups.

I think Ty Tabor used to play them alot.

Am I nuts? Am I imagining it?

• Members

Yeah, strat plus (3 gold) and strat plus deluxe (gold, silver, red?) came with lace sensors. I have a strat plus with 3 gold lace pickups. I later put a blue in the bridge (more of a vintage humbucker sound). I know these pickups take a beating on this board, but I think they sound great.

• Members

I have found some info on the strat elite....but regarding the pickups, it is unclear whether the pickups are active, or if it just has an active mid boost, or something like that. It definitely has something active going on.

Also, a strat with a butt jack....instead of on the top by the pickguard.....looks wheird.

So, does anyone know...are these things fetching big prices these days?

• Members

For a good year a fellow on the next street over from me had a Grey Flamed model of the Elite. He wanted a firm $1200. for it and it took him a little while to get it. But he did.

Actually it was a pretty decent deal. They are great Strats and this one was Mint.

I am always looking for large necks on my Strats though. And at the time the Elite was for sale was in between my stolen SRV and my new one. So I was still in the market to replace my old SRV. I did look it over and was thinking about it though.

Archived