ARHHHH First ding

nuke_diver

• Members

It's why I like em used, the first (and second ,third...) dings are there for me to no worry about.

But it's done and over now. Go on playing the hell out of it.

But I have been

I've had it for about 2 months been babying it

So long as I don't put a hole in it like I did to my acoustic (which is ultimately how I got the Revenend)

:cool:

• Members

After some dozen years or so of ownership I just knocked a small chip in my Gibson Nighthawk. God damn, I was pissed. I'd left a big mag light flash light in the living room. My wife didn't like it there so without my knowing, she put it on my night stand in the bedroom, right between the swing arm lamp and my guitar sitting on a stand. So I go in there in the dark and I'm feeling for my light switch not knowing my wife had set this trap up for me. As I slid my hand down the arm of the lamp to find the switch on the base, I bumped the heavy metal flashlight off the night stand and it did a header off the night stand kocking a small chip out of the back of the guitar down to the wood. I let out a string of expletives.

I took it to a local guitar tech. The guy said he wasn't a "finish guy" but he said he could make it better and he had the right color in his arsenal to do the touch up. I just didn't even want to look at it afterwards. Dings and fine scratches I've done before, but this was my first chip in a good guitar. I guess my heritage cherry got popped.

• Members

:eek:How did the hole happen?

Was working on the outside of the house installing new wood siding. Came in afterwards and my wife says a plaque fell off and gee I hope it didnt hit your guitars. I run in and check, unfortunately it hits my acoustic that my mom gave me and she has since passed away.

pics

DamageonFender.jpg

The luthier I took it too also is the local Reverend dealer. I tried the manta ray and fell in love

more pics

MantaRayp3.jpg

Archived