NGD! '62 Tele re-issue content!

Cyber_Chyld

• Members

Strictly speaking NGD was over a week ago, but I've been too busy to stick this up yet!

Girlfriend was over in Japan a couple of weeks ago, and following a few e-mails brought me this back on my behalf:

EDIT:-Sorry about the picture size, don't know how to re-size the picture here short of modifying the original :/

00054k4x

It's a brand new, Crafted In Japan, Fender '62 telecaster deluxe re-issue.

I'm thrilled with it. It's my first Tele, my first fender guitar (I have a P-bass), and also the first guitar with single coils I've ever really liked.

I christened it a couple of weekends ago at a gig In leeds in front of several hundred people, I was so pleased with it.

The Texas special pickups in it aren't bad, certainly very usable, although the bridge pickup can be a bit 'sqeueally' under gain, and the neck pickup could be a bit warmer/rounder. But out the box I'm happy.

Put on a set of 11's, and it plays great straight off.

Best part is I ended up paying

• Members

I bought the one with the bigsby and sold it last week on ebay.

I replaced it with a Nocaster.

I thought the build quality was excellent but it sounded very thin .. even after a good setup and pickup adjustments.

I wanted a fat .. greasey tele and it didn't do it for me.

It could have been the Bigsby though...

I like Bigsby's on my Gretsch guitars.. but on a flatop.. they don't seem to work for me

• Members

HNGD

I have exactly the same one, colour too.

I actually really like the neck pickup but agree that the bridge pickup is not particularly good. I am getting them both swapped out very soon anyway.

I also am enjoying the 9's I just put on mine even though I usually play 11's...

• Members

I bought the one with the bigsby and sold it last week on ebay.

I replaced it with a Nocaster.

I thought the build quality was excellent but it sounded very thin .. even after a good setup and pickup adjustments.

I wanted a fat .. greasey tele and it didn't do it for me.

It could have been the Bigsby though...

I like Bigsby's on my Gretsch guitars.. but on a flatop.. they don't seem to work for me

See, that's interesting as I almost went for the Bisby one too. Glad I didn't now as mine has some reall 'bite' to it.:thu:

• Members

Happy New Guitar Day!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! 11s???? Can you say "Twang monster"???? It's gotta have great tone.

If I was to get a Tele, yours would definitely be one I would consider.
:love:

Roger

I use 11's any time I'm e-to-e, but putting them on the tele really brought out 'THAT' sound I was after.

KerrrrAAAAAAnggggg! :lol:

• Members

HNGD

I have exactly the same one, colour too.

I actually really like the neck pickup but agree that the bridge pickup is not particularly good. I am getting them both swapped out very soon anyway.

I also am enjoying the 9's I just put on mine even though I usually play 11's...

Haha! So you do!

Yeah, a friend of mine has a contact at bareknuckle pickups, he's an endorsee. Going to see if I can get hooked up. I want a real punk of a telecaster, something brash and aggressive, but not remotely modern :lol::thu:

• Members

i love double bound teles!!mmmm id take that one and add a humbucker, and an extra fret and ebony if it doesn't already have it. or all that in white,black binding, and black hardwear

He he! Well, I think this one's going to stay with single coils. I've two Les Pauls that do all the 'bucker stuff I need. I wanted a tele for that 'twang' and 'clang'.

It's a bit weird having only 21 frets, but then, on a tele, what are you doing up there anyway! It's one of the best rhythm guitars ever made!

Mine's got a Rosewood neck, and lovely bit of rosewood it is too. Really dark and 'chocolatey' in colour, mmmm..... :thu:

I loves my tele :love:

Archived