First gig with my Edwards Les Paul!

Hoddy

• Members

First off let me say that I haven't played out in over 12 years, but my old band from the 80's was coaxed into doing a reunion show. I figured this would be the perfect time to try my Edwards Les Paul in a gigging situation. Tonewise it was perfect, the Seth Lovers I put in it just sang...our band does all originals in the vain of Tom Petty and maybe a bit more heavier. I was playing through a reissue Marshall Bluesbreaker, our other guitarist was using an early 70s Marshall with a 4-12 cab and yet our other guitarists was using two 65 Amps...those are amazing amps...he's the co-founder of the company. Anyway my Edwards sat in the mix just right and the amazing thing is that although I'm a heavy handed player the guitar stayed in tune perfectly throughout the set...never had to lay a finger on a tuning key...I don't recall that ever happening to me with any other guitar. :cool:

Oh yeah...Peter, the one playing through the 65 Amps rotated guitars between and original '56 Les Paul Custom and a very well aged white '65 Strat.:o

• Members

Here's a few pics of the show!

This is the opening band ...'The Backyard Birds' a Yardbird's tribute band with Rick Richards (The Georgia Satellites) sitting in with them.

l_28eb61ede4b24f8ce05e6005e1b07210.jpg

Here's my band...I'm the lefty!:D

l_1157e08e98e22f560f75895c4a78d24f.jpg

l_a8ea51c685b0ac83e8519a90d56ec61c.jpg

Here's Peter Stroud...Sheryl Crow's lead guitarist.

l_ee79892eb0cd97debcda4bde31293e16.jpg

l_964a6ab838324735d7e76ab5c4898c70.jpg

• Members
That is very cool ,HRydarcik.

Looks like it was a very fun time.

It was really a blast...I think the best part of it was that we were playing for the shear enjoyment of playing...not making a living or worrying about getting a deal, etc.....just our love of playing together was the best part of the whole evening.:cool:

Archived