new lefty Epiphone Sheraton II

z28talon

• Members

I finally decided to add a 335 style guitar to my collection. I was away for Christmas and asked my brother to see what Epiphone lefties were available.

He found that Epiphone had a lefty Sheraton II in vintage sunburst. So, I asked him to check with our local music store and to my utter shock, they had just received that exact guitar with the day's shipment.

My brother picked up the guitar for me and for the first time in my life, I had a guitar at home 'waiting for me'. This is not the norm for a lefty. Usually we end up waiting for a guitar.

First impression is that the guitar is a "steal". Plays great, sounds great, and looks fabulous. The pickups sound terrific. It is the least expensive ($600+ with case) of any of my electrics, but doesn't take a back seat to any of them.

epi335.jpg

• Members

My brother picked up the guitar for me and for the first time in my life, I had a guitar at home 'waiting for me'. This is not the norm for a lefty. Usually we end up waiting for a guitar.

Nice one, its a beauty, I hope one day i can find a guitar waiting at home for me :thu:

• Members

Nice guitar but would look better without the pickguard
:)

When my brother described the pickguard, I was sure I wasn't going to like it. Then, when I opened the case and saw it for the first time, it looked pretty good to me. Maybe I'll be in the mood for a change in the future, but right now I'm digging it as is.:rawk:

• Members

Nice one, its a beauty, I hope one day i can find a guitar waiting at home for me
:thu:

Yeah, usually a lefty is 'lucky' to find a guitar that can be shipped to the store in a week.

This was a matter of "timing is everything". And it was a 'spur of the moment' decision. It wasn't like I was planning this all along. I just saw a music video with someone playing an ES335 and suddenly had a desire to get one. The Epiphone was a very nice option and a great price.

I guess opportunity was knocking and I was home.

• Members

Congrats!
:thu:

That is a highly impressive gaggle of guits you own. By my calculations, the only thing really lacking at this point is a nice Gretsch hollow with a Bigsby.

:cool:

~Blackbelt

Food for thought!

I had a chance to get an Elliot Easton signature Gretsch a few years back (smaller bodied, Les Paul body style), but it was a bit pricey and I decided on a G&L ASAT Bluesboy instead.

• Members

When my brother described the pickguard, I was sure I wasn't going to like it. Then, when I opened the case and saw it for the first time, it looked pretty good to me. Maybe I'll be in the mood for a change in the future, but right now I'm digging it as is.
:rawk:

I like the pickguard on too. Nice score for another lefty!!!

Archived