My latest FrankenStrat (Sonic Blue Content)!

Hoddy

• Members

I've decided to combine my two strats into one....I had a MIJ two tone sunburst Fernandez body with a reissue MIJ '57 neck. Plus I had my old black 80's Squier that I refinished Sonic Blue with it's original rosewood neck. I really like the '57 reissue neck, it's huge and I wanted to start using the Sonic Blue body more since I refinished it myself...so I put that neck on the Sonic Blue body along with a mint green '62 pickguard, a new Fender 57/62 bridge and Seymour Duncan SSL-1 vintage pups...I even reliced the knobs by soaking them in coffer for a couple of days. I think it turned out pretty nice...don't you?

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

• Members

Thanks everyone...the body was refinished using Reranch products and instructions...it wasn't that hard, took about three weeks and a whole lot of hand sanding...I never thought I'd get it to shine even after working down to 2000 grit sandpiper but then I used the automotive polishing compound the recommended and it was amazing who the shine came out...I highly recomment Reranch.:cool:

• Members

You know...every time I see a 'normal' righty guitar, I can envision myself playing it...i.e. I can almost visualize and feel my hand on the neck in various positions...:thu:

But when I see a lefty like this...:lol::freak:...I can envision the utter confusion and awkwardness that a righty would feel trying to play a lefty...:lol:

Anyone else do this?

Beautiful guitar, by the way. :thu::love:

• Members
You know...every time I see a 'normal' righty guitar, I can envision myself playing it...i.e. I can almost visualize and feel my hand on the neck in various positions...
:thu:

But when I see a lefty like this...
:lol::freak:
...I can envision the utter confusion and awkwardness that a righty would feel trying to play a lefty...
:lol:

Anyone else do this?

Beautiful guitar, by the way.
:thu::love:

So...almost an hour later...I guess I'm the only weirdo here? :cry:

:lol:

Archived