Help with wiring options Dimarzio YJM

kmd_97

• Members

Hi all. A friend of mine is wanting me to install some pickups in their guitar, a strat copy(s/s/s), however I'm not sure about his motives. I'm not really a guitarist but do know a little about this stuff.

The pickups will be a a stacked SD JB in the bridge, coil split option, which I agree with.

The stock middle position, fine with me.

And a Dimarzio YJM neck position which he also wants coil split option.

This is what I am unsure of. I realize this pickup is a humbucker and the split is possible, but is it really designed to be ran in a coil split circuit? Does anyone have experience with this?

There will also be a switch to turn on the neck p/u to allow for the two extra selections. I'm fine with that too.

As I said, I dont know much about this stuff it just seems to me that the extra switch for the YJM could be used instead to do phasing with the JB or something along those lines. Basically, I'm looking for anyones views on this and all opinions are welcome. He seems set on the option to split both the neck and bridge though. And ultimately I dont care, I just dont want to be taking it apart again in 2 weeks because the neck split switch is worthless.

The switches for the splits and always-on will be push/pulls on the VTT knobs.

Thanks

Archived