Anyone deal with Hisashi when buying guitars from Japan?

Hoddy

• Members

I've got a Tokai ES-120 on the way from Hisashi...he (or they) seem like good folk. They seem to deal with upper end MIJ guitars...Tokai, Navigator and lots of Bachus guitars. Anyway I was asking him about a left handed Edwards 335 that I saw on Ebay a few months back, I believe a forumite here bought it. I thought that it was for sale by Hisashi and asked him. He emailed me back to avoid Edwards right now. I emailed him back asking why and he said that their quality is suffering and is not consistent...I haven't heard anything about his, have ya'll?

• Members

nope, ive heard teh exact opposite actually

Yeah...that kind of shocked me...I have an Edwards Les Paul and I could not be any happier with it..and this is coming from a guy who's owned a half dozen Gibson Les Pauls.

• Members

yeah maybe he`s out of stock on the Edwards so he`s pushing what he has. I`ve read theres a wait on Edwards at Ishibashi so they have to build more...pretty sure once he gets more in he`ll change his tune.

I don't know...I had already bought and paid for the Tokai and asked him if he could get the Edwards 335 in the future....if he was only out of stock then he'd be shooting himself in the foot by telling me to stay away from them.

• Members

I don't know...I had already bought and paid for the Tokai and asked him if he could get the Edwards 335 in the future....if he was only out of stock then he'd be shooting himself in the foot by telling me to stay away from them.

unless he comes back with...the new Edwards are in and they`ve taken care of the problems. I`ve been looking at that Edwards line since day one and have never seen them slip in quality, I own a few.

There are rumors flying around that ESP is having parts made in China...also read Korea...and shipped back to Japan and assemble here. Could be but so far nobody has comes up with any proof, just hearsay. Wonder who started that rumor...Gibson mayhaps? I mean prices on used Gibsons are as low as I`ve even seen em in Japan now. On the other hand, the Duncan/Edwards don`t get much respect in Japan, not nearly as much as they get overseas...used ones stay in shops for a long time in this city.

Archived