Opinions on AF75

Amanda-Jane

• Members

Ibanez Artcore AF75 has great reviews..

but is it considered a "beginner" guitar?

I won't be buying electric for at least a year. I could save up more $$ to get more $$ guitar.. but I wonder, is it worth the extra bucks? or is Ibanez artcore the best bang for the buck?

• Members

Ibanez artcore offer good bang-for-buck. In fact, they're pretty good instruments regardless of the buck level. Whether a more expensive guitar is worth the extra cash depends really on what you're getting extra. Did you have any alternatives in mind?

Not sure what you mean by a 'beginner guitar'; a good guitar is good for the callow novice and the seasoned veteran.

• Members

^^ very true,don't let initial perceptions sway you , play a few and see if one has what you need. Most adequate players could work with cheaper gear and no-one would notice. The ideal maxim is "Don't ever be swayed by what is on the headstock" [excepting some notorious fakes], i try and go with that.

• Members

The AF-75 is a very good guitar, you may also try out a AG-75 same guitar with a slightly smaller body. Mines a 2003 AG-75 sunburstblue, after a year I changed the tuners to a set of Gotoh's, very easy and $30.00 cost great improvement. Just finished replacing the electronics in it, new Alpha volume and tone pots, Kimber Capacitors, Switchcraft jack, new switch and a set of DiMarzio PAF Classic's pickups. Now this Guitar will play with the best of them.
The guitar with hard case and all the mods and i'm into it less then $500. Well good luck in the hunt.
RH

• 2 months later...

Archived